Old 18-05-2008, 12:17 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated

Default raccoon war

raccoons are like squirrels. you really dont want to "move" them out anywhere else.
in Wisconsin I think it is illegal. they have to be killed. I put the trap, with the
squirrel in it in, in our spa filled with water. they drown fast. our house has
been under attack by the squirrels for 3 years. we have tried everything to evict
them but they chewed thru aluminum flashing to get back in. I have now trapped and
killed 2 adults and 3 young squirrels. I will continue to try and trap every single
squirrel comes near our house (I mean we are in the city!!!). the only way to get
relief from them is to kill every one that has a memory of a "free" meal. Ingrid

On Fri, 16 May 2008 17:38:20 EDT, kathy wrote:

Okay, did some more research and we don't even
want this animal in the yard at all. Too much disease
in the poop and not good for people with impaired
immune systems to get anywhere near it. So DH
is trying to find the animal control place to rent
a humane trap. Doing all sorts of research about
how to properly handle trapped animal and remain
safe. Will also move the dog food into the house
and attempt to work around it (our house was not
build for anything as silly as storage!).

k :-0