Old 18-05-2008, 02:55 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kathy[_3_] kathy[_3_] is offline

Default raccoon war

Doing some research and so many different
states and localities have different laws.
Who knew?!
Our state fish and wildlife says don't move them
outside their territory.
We're hoping he comes back, sees our hopefully
new raccoon proof box and then gets caught in the
trap and the whole experience disgusts him to the
point he doesn't come back.

DH got the idea after I told him about Galen's combination
lock cooler. He said 'what about a locked truck tool box?'
Expensive.... BUT a ponding friend had been trying to sell
one for a year, no luck, so we bought it from her. DH built
it a box to rest in and now we have a tough, locked box
off the ground (that's a nice benefit!).

So tonight is the second night for the trap.
k :-)