Old 18-05-2008, 08:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Broadback Broadback is offline

Default Strimmer - Cord v blade

hzatph wrote:
We have a large amount of long grass in out orchard and around the
heges and fences. I have just bought a new Stihl petrol strimmer with
the nylon line cutting head. It can also take the blade type cutter.
Which is quickest for cutting large areas of grass please? I have
never used the blade type and would be tempted to buy this head if
there was a big difference in speed. I still want the nylon lone for
cutting close to trees.fences as I fear the damage the blade could do.

Many thanks.

I find the cord is best for grass. The blade I use if there is brambles
or other hard stemmed weed amongst it.