Old 18-05-2008, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Reliable tree nursery which will despatch?

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:
The message from Rusty Hinge 2
contains these words:
The message from Judith in France
contains these words:

What are you going to do with all the fruit, start a cottage industry
in jam making :-)

Since I live in an old farmworker's cottage...

(I have just bought loads of Kilner tops to go with loads of Kilner
jars. Also have stacks of screwtop jars of other sorts - mainly jammy -
and a freezer)

Somewhere in the depths of one of my sheds, lurk unused Kilner jars...

TAAAW, I make quite a lot of wines and other stuff like sloe gin,
morello cherry rum, strawberry whisky, etc.

Also in the depths of one of my sheds lurk a dozen or so demijohns...

Urglemoot, anyone?

I _did_ attempt one, some ten years ago...and you weren't there!

Were I to come to a moot, I might possibly fill the boot of my car...

Can't be for another six weeks at least, until Bill can take a turn
at driving, though!

I was thinking of a Zet/Shed meet/moot, and having a word with the
Chaiman of the Parish Council about hiring the Scout 'Hut' - definitely
a *VERY* grown-up shed - 'cos accommodation at Rusty Towers is minimal,
if not minimalist.

And it wooden bee for quite a while as the Rustyplot is hardly in a fit
state to show people round.

Have sent emu to Thornhayes Nursery (thank you, Sacha) - they have most
of what I need, though no container-grown damson. Either I leave the
order until the winter and get a bare-root jobbie, or take the apples,
quince - and a medlar in lieu of the damson (or the bill won't be enough
to trigger their carriage terms) and source the damson locally.

I'll add a page to the wibble to record progress. That way, and keeping
it updated, I really will have to get on with it innit.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig