Old 18-05-2008, 09:58 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sacha[_3_] Sacha[_3_] is offline

Default Reliable tree nursery which will despatch?

On 18/5/08 09:49, in article ,
"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:
The message from Rusty Hinge 2
contains these words:
The message from Judith in France
contains these words:

What are you going to do with all the fruit, start a cottage industry
in jam making :-)

Since I live in an old farmworker's cottage...

(I have just bought loads of Kilner tops to go with loads of Kilner
jars. Also have stacks of screwtop jars of other sorts - mainly jammy -
and a freezer)

Somewhere in the depths of one of my sheds, lurk unused Kilner jars...

TAAAW, I make quite a lot of wines and other stuff like sloe gin,
morello cherry rum, strawberry whisky, etc.

Also in the depths of one of my sheds lurk a dozen or so demijohns...

Urglemoot, anyone?

I _did_ attempt one, some ten years ago...and you weren't there!

Were I to come to a moot, I might possibly fill the boot of my car...

Can't be for another six weeks at least, until Bill can take a turn
at driving, though!

I was thinking of a Zet/Shed meet/moot, and having a word with the
Chaiman of the Parish Council about hiring the Scout 'Hut' - definitely
a *VERY* grown-up shed - 'cos accommodation at Rusty Towers is minimal,
if not minimalist.

And it wooden bee for quite a while as the Rustyplot is hardly in a fit
state to show people round.

Have sent emu to Thornhayes Nursery (thank you, Sacha) - they have most
of what I need, though no container-grown damson. Either I leave the
order until the winter and get a bare-root jobbie, or take the apples,
quince - and a medlar in lieu of the damson (or the bill won't be enough
to trigger their carriage terms) and source the damson locally.

I'll add a page to the wibble to record progress. That way, and keeping
it updated, I really will have to get on with it innit.

Is this place anywhere near you?
Ashill Fruit Farm
Mr and Mrs Reed of Ashill Fruit Farm near Watton grow more than 40 varieties
of apple, along with other fruits like pears, greengages, Damsons. They also
create juice from their own apples. The Farm Shop also sells eggs,
vegetables, honey and preserves.
T 01760 440050

They make jam etc. from their fruit but they might be able to help you find
a damson tree.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk