Old 18-05-2008, 10:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
tpow tpow is offline

Default Bosch Isio Trimmer

"Rod" wrote in message
Morning,

For some time now I have been looking at the Bosch Isio Edge Trimmer.
Looks neat. Reviews sound OK, if a bit sparse (though at least one warns
to get a long handle version). Price is acceptable.

A few things have held me back from purchase.

1 I keep expecting a new, higher voltage model with better battery life
at lower price. Well, we all dream. :-)

2 I have seen a similar device from Ryobi. It *looks* a bit chunkier.
Some other products are also appearing.

3 Trying to find any information on Usenet fails. I can't believe that
absolutely no-one here has an opinion (on the Isio) and maybe even
experience of using it. So I take that as a negative.

4 Last year, long handled models (and separate long handles) seemed
unavailable - or nearly so.

The most appealing single feature is in fact the light weight. Partner
sometimes has difficulty with lifting/carrying things so the lighter it
is, the more likely she is to be able to use it. Hence petrol strimmers,
etc. are right out. Also, we only have a modest sized garden so its
capacity is probably just about adequate.

So, would you buy one?

--
Rod

onset.

I picked one up in FOCUS last week and immediately thought...........what a
dangerous tool. OK hedge trimmers have blades but they do have a safety
system (both hands to operate) but this little thing only required one
hand...........hmmmmmm.