Old 18-05-2008, 10:28 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Nick Maclaren Nick Maclaren is offline

Default Reliable tree nursery which will despatch?

In article ,
Sacha writes:
| On 17/5/08 13:01, in article ,
| "Rusty Hinge 2" wrote:
|
| The message
| from Sacha contains these words:
|
| They don't appear to have either of the apples. Meant to say to Rusty that
| the quince he wants is Cydonia oblonga, not Chaenomeles.
|
| Isn't the latter the Japanese quince?
|
| Yes. That has the small fruits, not the big yellow ones I think you're
| looking for.

They can be quite big, though even more of them is core and pips.
Not as big as Vranja, of course, but comparable to the smaller true
quince varieties.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren,
Email:

Tel.: +44 1223 334761 Fax: +44 1223 334679