Old 18-05-2008, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tracey[_2_] Tracey[_2_] is offline

Default Blueberry Not Fruiting

"Rusty Hinge 2" wrote in message
k...
The message
from "Tracey" contains these words:

However, it is difficult to overwater a blueberry - remember, the North
American blueberry is otherwise known as the 'swamp blueberry'.

Ah interesting, I didn't know that!

I have just (FSVO just) got a blueberry thus labelled. It is tiny ATM,
but has set fruit all by itself.

Thanks Rusty!

Another thought struck me: the last blueberry I had was killed by vine
weevil. It started its decline by not fruiting. I believe you can get a
'biological' control for vine weevil, in the form of some sort of
harmless (not to vine weevil though!) nematode.

Even if your problem isn't vine weevil, it can't do the blueberry any
harm.

aside

Give your rhubarb at least one bucket of water a day!

/aside

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig