Old 18-05-2008, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default Reliable tree nursery which will despatch?

The message
from Anne Jackson contains these words:

The message from Rusty Hinge 2
contains these words:

a medlar in lieu of the damson

I've had to cut down several (seven or eight, to date) damson trees
in the garden. They are growing in a straight line down the garden
from the (ex) plum tree. They have tiny, sweet, dark fruit.

They can only be coming from the rootstock. The latest one I've noticed
springing up is at least 15' from the site of the (ex) plum tree.

Aye, they do that, much in the manner of (un?)poplars.

--
Rusty
Separator in search of a sig