Old 18-05-2008, 05:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike' 'Mike' is offline

Default Claybreaker

--
"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Chris" wrote
Just got some pellets called "Claybreaker".
Does anyone know if it works?

I think that's just Gypsum, it's a lot cheaper to use that than the named
ready made granules if you can get it. However builders plaster is mainly
gypsum I understand.
Gypsum .
--
Regards
Bob Hobden

Bob interesting statement there, "does break up clay for some years". I was
under the impression that if you worked clay in the recognised way, grit,
compost, "body" in the form of fibrous 'stuff', it remain workable and NOT
revert back to clay.

Would welcome your comment on this, as would new gardeners trying to get to
grips with clay

Mike