Old 18-05-2008, 07:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chrissy[_2_] Chrissy[_2_] is offline

Default compost

On May 18, 12:55*pm, wrote:
Chrissy writes:
I have discovered there are ants in my compost bin which surprised me
because I thought the temperature would get too high. I have a massive
compost heap at the bottom of the garden but this is just one of those
plastic bin things.

It might be too dry, the contents should be about as soggy as a
recently squeezed sponge. Ants tend to favour it being warm though not
hot, try giving the heap a bucket of water and a good stir.

* * * * * * Anthony

Thank you,
I'll do that and leave it for another couple of weeks & then put it on
my flowers.
Chrissy