Old 05-04-2003, 10:56 PM
Kay Easton

Default "Why not eat insects?" - was Which tree and where?

In article , SusieThompson
writes
In message , Mary Fisher
writes

Susie - where in Arran are you?

We're staying in a rented house, not far from the mustard factory in
Lamlash, and we're going to be building our own home at Shiskine during
the course of this year. IIRC you know Arran pretty well. At the
moment the wild salmon berry (cloudberry?) is in full flower - the
bright pink blooms are stunning, pity it's such an invasive weed here.
I wonder if , if it is indeed cloudberry, the same cloudberry as the
Scandinavians use in their cookery. Perhaps it was brought here as a
commercial crop, and then escaped.

Is this Rubus arcticus? (not cloudberry - R Chamaemorus, which has white
flowers)? Vera brought some over to the urg meet a couple of years back
- mine is just showing its leaves.

--
Kay Easton

Edward's earthworm page: