Old 22-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Billy M. Rhodes

Default [IBC] Priorities in bonsai design

In a message dated 2/22/2003 4:41:36 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

A LARGE pot is:

A) wide and shallow
B) narrow and deep
C) wide and deep.

I think from Jim's detailed reply I can presume that we're talking
about a clay pot. Can I also presume that Bonsai soil is used when
growing out the trunk in these LARGE clay pots?

As I tried to say, LARGE is what you can handle. Wide and shallow
would be best but the volume of soil is what matters. Wide and shallow would
make the transition to a Bonsai pot easier. As to soil. it would depend upon
the tree but I would use a commercial growing on mix such as Metromix 500
which is peat/coir based.
Billy on the Florida Space Coast

-- The IBC HOME PAGE & FAQ:
http://www.internetbonsaiclub.org/ --