Old 19-05-2008, 05:35 AM posted to rec.gardens
D. Staples D. Staples is offline

Default Couple of tree questons

Correct this one, stick it where the sun don't shine, buttercup.

Persephone wrote in message
On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:10:34 -0500, "D. Staples"
wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
news:KJCdnfeKdMMZOrLVnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
How come it takes more than one season for a transplanted pecan sapling
establish itself, and start producing stems/leaves of any appreciable
amount?

It takes at least one, if not more, seasons to reestablish a root system
promote full and health

Healthy

growth. Plus the damage done in the transplanting
needs to be off set.

How come among the many ligustrums I planted, the ones furtherest

Furthest

from
tree and other natural cover are being eaten by white-tailed deer/ ones
in
the vincity of such cover aren't bothered?

Vicinity

Possibly a self defense mechanism, less cover for preditors to hide in and
attack from.

PredAtors.

(stop me before I strike again... heellllp!)

Persephone