Old 19-05-2008, 09:01 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default Best place to buy ladybugs

In article ,
"Katey Didd" wrote:

"Omelet" wrote in message
news

Aphids on tomatoes? Really?
I've never seen that. They seem to hang out mostly on the muscadine
grapevines I use as a privacy fence, and they can have those. g

Yes, they're aphids. There were a few ladybugs among them so left them
alone. There aren't enough to do damage. And I also noticed more damage from
the neighbors RoundUp spraying. The pepper plants have deformed centers and
the small Okra are losing their oldest leaves. It's very discouraging. It
looks like he sprayed around his garden patch which is only about 40' from
ours. I hope he doesn't do the weedy patch even closer to our garden.
We'll have nothing left healthy.

Have you talked to him about it?

If you have a fence, placing a sheet of clear plastic over it might not
hurt, to prevent spray drift.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein