Old 19-05-2008, 09:10 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default taxes and the best place to vegetable garden?

In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

The "view" that I was referring is for instance a hilltop or near hilltop
home with view of countryside. Not related directly to you.

Got it.

The tax assessor's rep at the contested property tax says their basis is the
added square footage. That's their basis for the increase. If they had
been successful, the value of the property would have gone up as a result.
And, as a result, so would your taxes. The basis for taxing the property,
the value would have increased. That is my point. Again, I'm glad you were
successful in contesting their proposed property value increase.

Back to the view thing. They showed a proposed tax increase on my property
due to what they thought was a view in the preliminary tax papers.
Apparently, they "chickened out" as it did not show in my actual property
tax breakdown. I don't really have any real view of the countryside due to
the trees. Have to go up to the street to see that. I can see Austin and
New Braunfels/San Antonio lighting the sky on most nights. Directly
overhead, dark and good night sky/stars.
--
Dave

I envy you that. :-) Too much light here to see starscapes, but they are
taxing you on the OVERHEAD view???

Parkinson's disease, not easy to define.
Much less cure.

Try Kombucha.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein