Old 19-05-2008, 11:42 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
George.com George.com is offline

Default Late (very) corn issue

It is now late Autumn here in New Zealand. We have had a few light frosts, 2
degrees at night. We are within 1 month of heavy frosts, below 0 degrees.

Issue, I have some (very) late corn in. I started it late as an experiment.
The cobs are fully or near fullt formed but still white inside. I do not
think they will ripen from here.

Question, what to do with the crop? I could pull it out now or wait for the
frost to do that and use it as a green manure.

Any suggestions welcome.

rob