Old 19-05-2008, 10:06 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible

Default Late (very) corn issue

"George.com" wrote in
:

It is now late Autumn here in New Zealand. We have had a few light
frosts, 2 degrees at night. We are within 1 month of heavy frosts,
below 0 degrees.

Issue, I have some (very) late corn in. I started it late as an
experiment. The cobs are fully or near fullt formed but still white
inside. I do not think they will ripen from here.

Question, what to do with the crop? I could pull it out now or wait
for the frost to do that and use it as a green manure.

Any suggestions welcome.

rob

We've had good success keeping tomatoes going a little longer by covering
them with clear plastic on nights when it was supposed to frost. If
you've got a small patch of corn, this might work for you.

Puckdropper