Old 06-04-2003, 12:20 AM
Pat Meadows

Default Two seed-starting questions

On Sat, 05 Apr 2003 13:48:57 -0600, George Shirley
wrote:

I keep some in their packets and some in paper coin envelopes. You can
get about a zillion coin envelopes for a couple of bucks at an office
supply store. I don't cut the packets down, I scotch tape the opening
shut, that way I have all the data on hand. The coin envelopes can be
written on on both sides. I also ship seeds to friends in coin
envelopes, don't weigh much and ship easily. All seeds are kept in a
plastic one-gallon container that sits on the bottom shelf of our
refrigerator. To keep from pawing through the whole thing to find
specific seeds I use those cheap storage boxes like Gladware. One for
ordinary veggies, one for chiles, one for flowers, etc. Those fit inside
my gallon container and the lid fits on top of that. Seeds stay cool,
dry, and easy to get too. It may be a little anal retentive but it works
for me. HTH

The coin envelopes are a really good idea! Thanks.

I plan on putting the seeds in the freezer - after the
spring flurry of activity is over. I'd be getting them out
every day at present. We have enough freezer space.

Pat