Old 19-05-2008, 09:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sheila Sheila is offline

Default compost bin

I had to remove my compost bin to a new location as we are having a new
garden shed delivered and the black monstrosity butted up to the old
one...anyway, it was quite dry in there, but had wonderful growth of
potatoes!! found 3 spuds in there, with growth of about a foot coming from
each one. I have removed them, there were a lot of leaves in there, and
twigs, I am going to dampen it down, is there anything else,as well as
newspapers, to make it lovely and crumbly?

thanks.