Old 20-05-2008, 02:10 PM
mw80 mw80 is offline
Registered User

Red face Late Frost

Hi

I woke up this morning to find the tops of my early potatoes had been damaged by the late frost last night. This is my first year of having an allotment and i am learning all the time!!

There is another frost forecast tonight and i am worried that if we have a repeat of last night it might finish the potatoes and might also damage my french beans (dwarf & climbing) and kidney beans

Any advice on how to protect them would be appreciated.......and quickly!

I am in the East Mids (UK) and the plot is quite windy and open

Thanks