Old 20-05-2008, 01:40 PM posted to rec.gardens
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Couple of tree questons

Persephone wrote in message
On Sun, 18 May 2008 09:10:34 -0500, "D. Staples"
wrote:

"Dioclese" NONE wrote in message
news:KJCdnfeKdMMZOrLVnZ2dnUVZ_vSdnZ2d@earthlink. com...
How come it takes more than one season for a transplanted pecan sapling
establish itself, and start producing stems/leaves of any appreciable
amount?

It takes at least one, if not more, seasons to reestablish a root system
promote full and health

Healthy

growth. Plus the damage done in the transplanting
needs to be off set.

How come among the many ligustrums I planted, the ones furtherest

Furthest

from
tree and other natural cover are being eaten by white-tailed deer/ ones
in
the vincity of such cover aren't bothered?

Vicinity

Possibly a self defense mechanism, less cover for preditors to hide in and
attack from.

PredAtors.

(stop me before I strike again... heellllp!)

Persephone

Didn't realize that I had so many spelling mistakes. I don't use a
spell-check option in posts, type on the fly. Thank you for pointing that
out.

Was thinking the same thing too, predators.

Settling in for a long, hot summer. Have to keep the newly planted
ligustrums watered according to one weblink I read. Same link said first
year is critical for ligustrum transplants. The "deer resistant" ligustrum
seems to be subject to the deer's liberal browsing as well. The vicinity
side is about 20 feet from trees and cover, the other side is on the other
side of the driveway which is clearcut and nearer to their old
grazing/roaming path before I moved here. Learned something, makes me look
forward to tomorrow. Enjoy your day.

Jang, its all good.
--
Dave