Old 20-05-2008, 03:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
David Hare-Scott David Hare-Scott is offline

Default How do I keep rabbits out of my garden? Recommendations?

"Flower_Pot_Joe" wrote in message

To be fair you really can justify taking innocent lives just for the
sake of keeping your lawn clean. We're all honest gardeners here; and I
feel mother nature has so much more to offer us than urban tripe.
However this is a 'Rape' of mother nature. Garden loving isnt about
killing rabbits its about letting wild animals run free in their
natural habitat.

To be fair can we really justify getting our excrcise jumping to conclusions
while serving urban tripe?

My "lawn" isn't what I would describe as clean because of the hundreds of
kilos of turds on it. This is because it has to support ten horses and a
couple of dozen cattle. Or I could just let it and my veges and orchard be
turned to dust by introduced pests, bless their inocent little free running
lives. Did you think I had such an extensive list at hand of ways to dispose
of bunnies or to exclude them because I am just a mother nature raper at
heart?

I make no assumptions about the situation of the OP, what rabbits are to her
region's ecology or the state of her karma as she decides between locking out
the rabbits or to ritually feed them to her rottweiler under the full moon
while dancing sky-clad.

I just offered the information. I imagined that the qualifier at the end
might have hinted that all the remedies may not be appropriate to all
situations.

David