Old 20-05-2008, 03:07 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Billy[_4_] Billy[_4_] is offline

Default Late Frost

In article ,
mw80 wrote:

Hi

I woke up this morning to find the tops of my early potatoes had been
damaged by the late frost last night. This is my first year of having
an allotment and i am learning all the time!!

There is another frost forecast tonight and i am worried that if we
have a repeat of last night it might finish the potatoes and might also
damage my french beans (dwarf & climbing) and kidney beans

Any advice on how to protect them would be appreciated.......and
quickly!

I am in the East Mids (UK) and the plot is quite windy and open

Thanks

West coast here. Tent with plastic sheeting and anchor well.
A temporary wind break would be helpful. A wooden picnic table or
something.
--

Billy
Bush Behind Bars