Old 20-05-2008, 03:31 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Omelet[_4_] Omelet[_4_] is offline

Default taxes and the best place to vegetable garden?

In article
,
Billy wrote:

The "critter" as I understand it is a
vinegar "mother". Thanks for the reference.

Pretty much. :-)
It makes a very fine red wine vinegar! It has uses other than brewing
green tea Kombucha.

Seems like Kombucha is going main stream (or is that Main Street?)
with different flavorings. Wish I had time to fiddle with it, maybe
this winter. What do you find to be the benefits of it? Is it a broad
spectrum kind of thing or do you have particular applications for
it? For example, Noilly Pratt sweet (red) vermouth has many
different herbs in it (usually used as an aperitif) but I find a
small glass of it is very effective for cooling hot stomachs (as
happens when you've had one too many cups of coffee in the
afternoon, and friends who have hot stomach reactions to tomato
paste tell me that it takes the burn away as well). The herbs
I would describe as wide spectrum, fudge factors (who knows what
they do), whereas the hot stomach is a specific application. Is
Kombucha more like the former or the later?
--

Billy

It's.... mixed.
Dad has shown some interesting results using beneficial herbs in the
teas, not just straight green tea. Things like dandilion and Matte'. The
brewing process with the kombucha critter seems to enhance the effects.

You can tailor your tea mix to what you are trying to treat.
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein