Old 20-05-2008, 04:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mogga Mogga is offline

Default What do bluebell seedlings look like?

On Tue, 20 May 2008 08:34:48 -0500, Davy
wrote:

Last autumn I sowed some british bluebell seeds and now
something has come up and I don't know if they are
bluebells.

The seedlings I see have grass-like leaves erupting
fountain-like from a central stem. I book I have says the
seedlings look like chives - which I understand to mean
have individual round stems.

Can anyone help?

Davy

Sounds about right.

We have spanish bluebells and they grow absolutely everywhere. I've
been digging them up and taking them in sacks to the neighbours. They
don't die if you compost them. (Or leave them in plastic bags)
http://www.freedeliveryuk.co.uk
http://www.holidayunder100.co.uk