Old 20-05-2008, 03:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Nick Cramer[_2_] Nick Cramer[_2_] is offline

Default raccoon war

"JB" wrote:
Was at the emergency vet once with my dog when the owner of a Labrador
came in with her's. Seems as though the dog had gotten into a fight with
the raccoon and the raccoon tore the dog's throat open and the dog died.

Friend of a friend had a Collie that attacked a raccoon. 'Coon rolled over
and with one swipe of his hind legs gutted that collie from sternum to
stern. Same result. No vet needed, just a shovel. Happened right in the
exercise area of a riding acadamy where I was working. Guess which $20 a
week wrangler got to clean it up?

Raccoon belonged to the owner and was very friendly. Caught a lot of rats,
too!

forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~