Old 21-05-2008, 05:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
how[_2_] how[_2_] is offline

Default Cordyline Australis about to keel!!

garyb wrote:
garyb;792932 Wrote:

Hi,
What are my options to fix this?

1 - Use strapping of some sort to try and pull back ot to at least
offer support and minimise further damage? If so can I buy in the UK?

2 - Look to buy some sort of stake again to offer support, but wonder
if this could do more damage

3 - Dig down [missing roots!] and replant the tree upright. I dont
favour this option as could potentially kill the root system..

Any other ideas appreciated and thankyou for reading

Hi,
C. australis require good drainage
Plant appears to be mulched to the stem and may be over-watered. If you
find that the roots are rotting or there is serious rot at ground level
(loose "bark") then staking is doubtful and curing the rot even more
doubtful. Consider cutting the plant above damage, drying for a couple
weeks and re-planting. This "new" plant would require stakes and very
LITTLE water. If there is enough energy still in the plant and you don't
live in a marginal area for these it should set new roots.
HTH -_- how

--
no NEWS is good