Old 06-04-2003, 02:32 AM
Lilly

Default Retaining Wall Ideas - a006_6.jpg (0/1)

On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 16:30:06 -0500, "David J. Bockman"
wrote:

I haven't seen the photo, so I can't comment on the appropriateness of a
retaining wall around your tree, but *usually* it's not a good idea to
drastically alter the depth of roots by piling more soil on. Dry laid
retaining walls, if they are to hold any substantive amount of soil behind
them, need foundations, which also means potential messing with roots of the
tree. I'm emailing you a diagram of how to lay the stone properly. Good
luck,

I wasn't going to add much more dirt, but thanks for the email! Even
though I might not do this one currently, I have several other
projects that will involve retaining walls. Thanks again!
~Lilly

The most beautiful women in the world have a cat-like quality.
They slink, they purr; claws sheathed in silken fur. In the
privacy of their summer gardens, in the green depths of
forests, I believe they shed themselves of their attire, even to
their human flesh, and stretch their bodies to the sun and
their secret deity.
Storm Constantine, 'My Lady of the Hearth'