Old 21-05-2008, 10:59 AM
garyb garyb is offline
Registered User

Hi and thank you both for your replies much to think about!

The benches on the left were built after the tree was planted so root system is well below the foundations for this, which are around ground level. I understand it may be cramped but have no other options in urban back garden unfortunately. from trunbk base to hardscaping is around 1metre with root system approx 500mm down. If I wiggle it about some it does move more than my other Australis but not overly. I have today hung a small stone on a piece of light string 1/2 inch from soil, if its touching the soil by the weekend I know I am in trouble I guess!

The plant itself seems very healthy and is currently flowering on 3 branches out of 4, do you really think there is a chance I could dig this up & replant [staked] without doing root damage? If not is it wise to stake by the bench on the left and use garden strapping just to take weight rather than try to pull it back to normal position?

Sorry for all questions, I think Im getting paranoid about it!!

Again thanx for your help, its appreciated