Old 21-05-2008, 07:41 PM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Need recommendations for a weed-puller

In article , Newbie
wrote:

Please recommend a weed-puller for stand up use by a person who has
back problems so can't work in bending posture.

I looked at Amazon and various brands had their fans. We can afford to
pay any reasonable amount for one, but can't afford to experiment with
many versions at $25-$30 each!

Availability at Home Depot / Target etc would be convenient, but I can
mail order too.

I've got a weed puller that looks like a giant pair of pliers. Stands
about 3 feet high and is made of a hard wood. It has two inch metal
clampers at the working edge. I looked about and found nada.
From Smith & Hawken's 30 years ago. Cost was about $35 then.

Good luck!

Bill

--