Old 21-05-2008, 10:36 PM posted to rec.gardens
Val Val is offline

Default Need recommendations for a weed-puller

Put 'weed puller' into a Google search and you'll get more hits than you
know what to choose from.
I had a "Grandpa's Weeder", http://tiny.cc/yWwWH best stand up type weed
puller ever IMO. Works slick and with very little effort. My son has it now,
it was the first thing he grabbed when I was cleaning out my garden shed.
Works especially well on those weeds with tap roots, and deep root systems.
I've seen them at Home Depot and Ace Hardware. Anyway the link I put up has
a good picture of the tool so you'll know what to look for if you decide to
try it.

Val

"Newbie" wrote in message
Please recommend a weed-puller for stand up use by a person who has
back problems so can't work in bending posture.

I looked at Amazon and various brands had their fans. We can afford to
pay any reasonable amount for one, but can't afford to experiment with
many versions at $25-$30 each!

Availability at Home Depot / Target etc would be convenient, but I can
mail order too.