Old 21-05-2008, 11:08 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Need recommendations for a weed-puller

On Wed, 21 May 2008 13:28:04 -0500, Newbie wrote:

Please recommend a weed-puller for stand up use by a person who has
back problems so can't work in bending posture.

I looked at Amazon and various brands had their fans. We can afford to
pay any reasonable amount for one, but can't afford to experiment with
many versions at $25-$30 each!

Availability at Home Depot / Target etc would be convenient, but I can
mail order too.

I found trying to pull weeds works best by hand, plus doing it after a
rain helps. Dandelions have long tap roots, other weeds may just
break into pieces. I would not think there was a single tool to take
care of them all. Raised beds are easier on the back and can be a
good choice for handicapped. I have seen small plastic carts on
wheels that have storage and a cushion to sit while working the
ground.