Old 21-05-2008, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rusty Hinge 2 Rusty Hinge 2 is offline

Default What do bluebell seedlings look like?

The message . 145
from Davy contains these words:
Judith in France wrote in
@d1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com:

When the seed germinates they look EXACTLY like a grass
shoot. I'm intrigued now as to what they really are.

Judith,
thats my understanding from my book; the seedlings are
supposed to look like chives - i.e thin round shoots just
like newly-sprouted grass.

I think I will need to let them grow out and see what I
get. The more I look at them the more they look like
leaks to me!

pics of non-scripta seedlings up on my wibble - just went outside and
photographed them.

http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/non-scripta1.jpg

--
Rusty