Old 21-05-2008, 08:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default Poison Oak

On Wed, 21 May 2008 02:23:53 -0700, Charles
wrote:

On Wed, 21 May 2008 10:02:07 +0100, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
Very, very bad stuff. Leaves of three...let it be.
--
Pat Durkin

I've never seen that!

Mary

Years ago I read an article that this plant was grown in Great Britain
as an ornamental plant. Seemed to me a strange thing to do, the
allergic reactions to the plant's oils can be quite unpleasant.

I t is a very pretty plant, glossy green leaves that start turning red
in late summer. It has aerial roots and climbs like Ivy. If there is
nothing to climb it will spread and form large patches.
I've seen pictures of it covering the side of a house in England.
I've seen tourists picking armloads of the pretty red branches.

Here it is dormant at Pt Lobos, Monterey County Calif
--

09=ix

Attached Thumbnails
Poison Oak-toxicodendron001.jpg