Old 22-05-2008, 01:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
adm adm is offline

Default Barbecue type?

On 2008-05-22 13:26:27 +0100, Judith in France
said:

On May 22, 1:05 pm, Janet Tweedy wrote:
I know not strictly gardening but loosely relevant.
t want to know recommendations for gas or charcoal (British charcoal
of course) and any features as a must have/
Family want a medium sized one to enjoy the hot weather we'll no doubt
be suffering this year. New daughter in law is Texan so she is expecting
to at least try some steaks!! Hopefully living in Aylesbury she'll not
expect too much by the time we get one and arrange some sort of al
fresco meal.
It usually involves me cooking but spotting weeds etc and wandering
around tidying up whilst everyone else eats
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraphhttp://www.lancedal.demon.co.uk

We have a large gas one with volcanic rock in it and two separate
burners so that it can be used for saucepans etc. attached to the
side , there is also an area to put food on and a rack above the
flames to put the cooked food on. We use that when people are here,
when we are alone we use a Weber kettle, they use charcoal and are
absolutely great as you can control the air intake, if a sausage
catches fire, put the lid on and/or adjust the air vent and
immediately it will douse the fire, it's my favourite and will cook
food easily for about 4-5 people but not for a big crowd.

I can cook for up to 8 big eaters on one 23" Weber kettle......and have
a secret weapon in cae I need to feed more.....it's a second Weber!
(The second one is a Weber Smokey mountain bullet smoker, but can be
used as a regular kettle grill if required)