Old 22-05-2008, 08:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
MadCow MadCow is offline

Default Poison Oak

In message , Garrapata
writes

I've seen pictures of it covering the side of a house in England.
I've seen tourists picking armloads of the pretty red branches.

I've never seen it.

If you see a house in Britain covered with something climbing that turns
red in autumn, it'll either be Virginia Creeper (Parthenocissus
quinquefolia) or Boston Strangler (P tricuspidata) - both North
American, they climb by suckers and can grow prodigiously here.

A web search for UK references to poison oak found some medicinal and
foreign ones, and Pat's picture!

--
Sue ]