Old 06-04-2003, 04:20 AM
KingLillis

Default Chook dome questions

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have any suggestions on building a chook dome? I have Linda
Woodrow's book "Permaculture Home Garden" which outlines using one in a
mandala garden, however I have since read (from other sources) that the
design is not stable enough in high winds and doesn't offer enough
protection in the weather for the chooks. Also, PVC piping apparently is
not a great choice of material as it breaks down quickly? (Damm, I was
going to use it to create makeshift gazebo's etc!)

Someone has suggested using a yurt design or teepee - however the structure
needs to be moved every fortnight.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Tracey