Old 23-05-2008, 04:03 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
chatnoir chatnoir is offline

Default hardy lilies taking their time

On May 14, 4:55 pm, "G Pearce" wrote:
I'm in Southern Ontario and the lilies have yet to reach the top of the
water. Is it me or is it still too cold for these things to really st

art
sprouting. There is small growth but very slow.

This is my first over winter lily .

Ditto SW Ont
nothing is really growing this spring - too cool in our area this year

-
that being said, mine have just reached the surface, but I haven't
fertilized them yet. I am going to have to pull and split them and fertili

ze
them as well. Then I am sure they will take off

Gale :~)

My big one has already breached the surface and is about 20 inches
about the water! I live in Colorado!