Old 24-05-2008, 01:49 AM posted to rec.gardens
[email protected] HelenMayer5555@gmail.com is offline

Default Elderly lady needs your advice about weed cutters

Hello you all,

I am an elderly lady and I am looking for a weed cutter or weed eater
but none of these electrical. They scare the hell out of me. I am
looking for a mechanical one.

In the past, I used a grass shear to cut certain area of my lawn but
they are like scissors and I have to stand up and go down and stand up
and go down and that makes me often groggy.

I would like something with a long handle that I don't have to go on
my knees all the time.

I am not the strongest person, so, l the weed cutter should not be
that heavy. But of course I still can hold a broom.

I found some links and would like to know if any of you know these
tool and how difficult they are to operate.

Have a look he

http://lawn-and-garden.hardwarestore...tBy=PRICE-LtoH

Is there any you would recommend? And how strong do you have to be to
operate them? Do you think a 72 old lady can carry one of these and
use one of these?

I thank you in advance for your advice.

Helen