Old 24-05-2008, 11:23 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Pat Kiewicz Pat Kiewicz is offline

Default Elecric mowers: Anyone have advice?

said:

Thinking of buying a corded electric mower.

Advice?

Well, if you can afford it, I'd suggest the Neuton batterymowers.
No cord to deal with. (There'd be no way I could manage a
corded mower over the whole of my 45' x 300' lot anyway--though
lots of that is hardscape or gardens, there are lawn areas all the
way to the back.)

I have no connection, other than as a customer. I have the smaller,
original version (like the CE 5.2), though if I were shopping now I
might get the wider (and heavier) CE 6.2.

http://www.neutonpower.com/

I really like the fact that the batteries are easily removed. This is
a huge advantage over other cordless mowers. My Neuton has
proven much more reliable than the B&D mower I had before
and still cuts the whole lawn on one charge. (With a spare battery
available if needed.)

It's quiet enough that I can listen to my radio while I mow without
threatening my ears. Quiet enough that people have stopped and
asked about the mower.

After enlightenment, the laundry.