Old 06-04-2003, 05:56 AM

Default Court/HOA pounds lady over Wildscape

yes, it definitely gives people something to look at while walking with or w/o their
dog. lots of people stop by my front garden in spring when the big show is on. I
know I walk over to look at my main competition on the next block. She been at it
longer and our elderly neighbor told me her daddy was head gardener for Schlitz
Brewery, who had some of the nicest gardens. Seems lots of people on the block got
some of the extra plants he was allowed to take home from work. actually I get
tickled walking down thru the alleys and looking at what people are doing in their
back yards too. My gardening has started a trend on the block. some of the people
who were here and especially some of the newer people are planting out front.
Milwaukee is known for being "lawn proud", so it does buck the usual trend. I have
almost no lawn left out front .. only the tree lawn is really left.
I love sitting out on our front porch and seeing the life on our block. I get really
warm fuzzies on warm Saturdays when several neighbors are out working in their
gardens, the hum of electric mowers, edgers, etc. going, hammering as people are
fixing stuff on their houses, roofing, like that. there is such a sense of
community. Ingrid

"Warren" wrote:
Now if you go further into the city, especially in the neighborhoods
with small lots, you'll even find vegetable gardens in the front yard.
Some of the newer in-fill developments are being designed with front
porches, and areas intended for personalized gardening in an attempt to
bring more life to the street, and foster a community atmosphere.

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List
http://puregold.aquaria.net/
www.drsolo.com
endorsements or recommendations I make.