Old 24-05-2008, 03:15 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Chrissy[_2_] Chrissy[_2_] is offline

Default Costs for a garden pond

On May 24, 10:12*am, Adam wrote:
Thanks for the helpful thoughts everyone. I've found a couple of other
people to give some quotes, so let's see what theirs look like.

Adam

I'd be interested in hearing what the other quotes are because £10,000
sounds like a joke - sorry but I would have thrown a quote like that,
straight in the bin because it just seems way OTT. I've never had one
installed, my pond was here when I bought the place. I was surprised
someone said £1000 - I'd think a quote like that would be very good
but as others have said, best to find out exactly what they're
offering for their quotes.

2 foot doesn't seem that deep, mine is not quite as large but about 3
feet at the deepest points - it may depend whether you have small
children or not, of course you might not want it that deep.