Old 25-05-2008, 12:42 AM posted to rec.gardens
Bill[_13_] Bill[_13_] is offline

Default Lemon Tree Advice to a newbie please: Is it wide enough to plant my new bought lemon tree?

In article
,
wrote:

Hi everyone, I'm SO NEW to gardening. I was an earth day volunteer of
"Tree People" a few weeks ago and after that event I decided to plant
my first tree. So this morning I went to homedepot and bought a Semi-
Dwarf Eureka Lemon baby-tree, that was already in a pot, about 3-4 ft
tall. My question is: Is this spot shown in the picture below wide
enough to plant this lemon tree? See pictu

http://www.geocities.com/naomi_toh/P..._Tree_Spot.jpg

This spot is between two plants (red circle), about 5 - 6 feet long.
If I plant the lemon tree there, will those 2 plants prevent it from
growing? Or the other way? I don't know the name of these 2
plants...

Please help! Thanks!

I'd just recommend studying the various varieties available to meet
your needs. Home Depot may be OK but a visit to a local large garden
may give you some idea of what is available and what a mature tree can
be. Still it is OK to make many mistakes.

I'd place a small water display in that spot with a large mirror behind
it to infer infinity. I also thing that a mural would be kind of neat.
That wall looks like a canvas!!

Make your own or look for stuff like this

http://www.muralsyourway.com/myw4-design.cfm?pid=MMBACM1004

Bill

--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA