Old 24-05-2008, 08:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Paul Luton[_2_] Paul Luton[_2_] is offline

Default Another tomato query

stoker wrote:
'Paul Luton[_2_ Wrote:
;793858']The top leaves on my greenhouse tomatoes are looking a bit
shrivelled.
The nearest match that I could find on the net was glyphosphate
poisoning and I was using that on some bindweed outside the greenhouse.

It seems unlikely in the situation you describe that the tomatoes would
have been touched by the herbicide. If the leaves are not browned or
otherwise marked it could be that (if you are new to tomato growing)
you have not previously experienced the natural leaf curling habit of a
healthy growing tomato plant. Sometimes so apparent that it might be
perceived as some sort of infection.
I hope this suggestion might throw some light on your problem Paul.

Thanks - I have not grown tomatoes indoors for many years and haven't
seen this behaviour with outdoor tomatoes.

--
CTC Right to Ride Rep. for Richmond upon Thames