Old 25-05-2008, 06:24 AM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
SteveB[_6_] SteveB[_6_] is offline

Default Inherited Mower - Help

"Yorkshire Bob" wrote in message

Hi there, I have inherited a very well maintained Ransome Marquis Mark
4A petrol mower.

I can't seem to find anything about this model online and I really need
to know what petrol I can use in it - I know if it is a four stroke
engine, I'll be fine with normal unleaded but I can't tell if it's a 2
or four stroke engine.

Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.-
Yorkshire Bob

Four strokes have an oil filled crank case. Is there a filler plug to put
oil in it? If not, it could be a two stroke. Notice I said "could". Make
sure you're sure before you fire it up, or you could fry it.

Steve