Old 25-05-2008, 12:28 PM posted to rec.gardens
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward is offline

Default Are these trees about to die?

On May 25, 5:24*am, Pat Kiewicz wrote:
Lady Penelope Creighton-Ward said:

I'm told they might be ill and due to be cut down soonish:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3035/...88245b50_b.jpg

What do you think?

They look like my neighbor's spruce which has only gotton worse
and worse every year. *Now it looks to have spread to his other
spruce. *The tree started going downhill soon after our street was
paved.

(His are badly placed trees to begin with, huge, in a small front
yard, with power lines in front of them. *I'm sure the cost of
removing them would be too much for him, as a retiree.)

Something similar happened to the spruce trees at the local
elementary school when they expanded the nearby parking lot.

May I hazard a guess that that nice blacktop running along
the line of trees was fairly recently done?

After enlightenment, the laundry.

Yes, I'm guessing that blacktop is no more than two years old.

This is on a property I'm interested in buying and those trees are a
big part of its appeal.