Old 25-05-2008, 08:01 PM
SausageTreeSlim SausageTreeSlim is offline
Registered User

Question Potted bottle tree okay to trim?

Hello everyone,

I'm in the UK and and about five years ago I bought a small Queensland bottle tree (Brachychiton rupestris) from a garden centre and it's been growing happily in a pot in my front room since then.

As it now stands about 2 metres tall it's reached the ceiling and run out of room to grow upwards - can anyone advise me if I can trim the top off without damaging its health?

Or alternatively, would it be happy outdoors from now on? - I think I read somewhere that they can survive occasional frosts, and UK winters tend not to be all that harsh now.

Many thanks in advance for any help