Old 25-05-2008, 06:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
endymion endymion is offline

Default Gardeners World presenter?

My computer died and I have not posted for a long time . Didn't bother to
replace the computer - there is life outside of this virtual world.

Whilst everyone wishes Monty Don all the best and a speedy recovery. The
reality is he leaves a hole in the garden at Gardeners World.

I have to say I am not enamored with the possibilities. I don't think it
would be too unrealistic to say that Monty was a peoples choice promoted
by those in this newsgroup ( the original BBC choice being Dairimud Gavin of
people are old enough and still have brain cells enough to recall) .

So, who should replace him? Or should Gardeners World call it a day and get
the axe from the BBC? Lets face it, its changed beyond recognition and
frankly I only watch half as often as I used to even when Alan was in charge
and that was less than when Geoff Hamilton had the reigns.