Old 26-05-2008, 01:05 AM posted to austin.gardening
Dioclese Dioclese is offline

Default Crazy Rasberry Ants

"Omelet" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"Dioclese" NONE wrote:

Didn't mean to digress from the live-kill on fawns issue. Excuse my
insensitivity.

It's ok. :-) Unless you have actually worked with one, it's difficult to
imagine the horror.

At this point, we don't know all the potentials for the rasberry ant
altering the native habitat. So, I reserve my own judgment on that end.
--
Dave

On that we can both agree...

I just hate fire ants so!
--
Peace! Om

until they put their foot down." -- Stephan Rothstein

Regarding fireants, have noticed a new behavior. They are not building
mounds any more. A few locals I discussed this noticed same. They simply
build underground and disperse the unearthed soil about to hide their
location. Stealthy versions, apparently. Now, that scares me. No, not
kidding.

Wonder how long it will take entomologists and exterminators to express that
to the public in general?
--
Dave

Memorial day:
In honor for those who served and
died for your freedom of speech, exercise
that right where you fear repercussion
the most for your voiced opinion.